July 31, 2015
part of Dare County’s effort to fight the sales tax redistribution plan
before the North Carolina General Assembly, representatives from the
county met with state officials in Raleigh again this week.
Dare County, town officials plan
news conference on sales tax plan
Commissioner Margarette Umphlett described the trip as a productive
step in the Board of Commissioners’ ongoing effort to educate state
legislators about the harmful effects that the plan would have on Dare
County and town officials will have a news conference on Monday, Aug.
3, at 9 a.m. to discuss the negative impacts of the proposed sales tax
redistribution plan. The following public officials and industry
leaders will participate:
- Bob Woodard, Chairman, Dare County Board of Commissioners
- Paul O’Neal, Chairman, Currituck County Board of Commissioners
- Don Kingston, Mayor, Town of Duck
- Tom Bennett, Mayor, Town of Southern Shores,
- Gary Perry, Mayor, Town of Kitty Hawk
- Sheila Davies, Mayor, Town of Kill Devil Hills
- Bob Edwards, Mayor, Town of Nags Head
- Jamie Daniels, Mayor, Town of Manteo
- Niels Moore, Chair Elect and Government Affairs, Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce
- Colleen Shriver, President, Outer Banks Association of Realtors
- Bobby Outten, Dare County Manager
The news conference will be held in the Commissioners meeting room
located at 954 Marshall C. Collins Drive and precedes the Board’s
regular meeting that begins at 10 a.m.
Live audio will be streamed at www.darenc.com (click the "Listen to Live Meetings" link).
The news conference will be videotaped and broadcast on the Government
Channel -- Channel 191 for Charter Cable subscribers -- at 7 p.m. on
Monday, Aug. 3 and Tuesday, Aug. 4. The video will be posted on the
County website for viewing by Wednesday, Aug. 5.
For more information, call Dare County Public Relations at 252-475-5900.