Baby took top honors in last week's Hatteras Village Offshore Open with
a 648.5-pound blue marlin, landed by angler Keith Henry. The
boat's total 1,297 points earned it a check for $44,401.88.
place with 1,200 points for three released blue marlin went to Sea Toy,
whose crew earned total prize money of $22,809.22. Coverage took
third place with two blue marlin and a sailfish released for 1,000
points and total prize money of $10,738.31.
boats fished this year in the annual offshore open, which is sponsored
by the Hatteras Village Civic Association and is the first event in the
Governor's Cup billfishing tournaments.
the gamefish division of the tournament, Sea Toy took first place for
the largest dolphin -- 65.11 pounds. Second place went to Prime
Time with a 33.9-pound fish.
Also in the gamefish division, Chaser scored a first place for its 31.5-pound wahoo and took home a total of $7,424.22.
No tuna were scored.
Winners of the daily meatfish competition included:
- Wednesday: Release - 22.5 pounds.
- Thursday: Hog Wild - 27.2 pounds
- Friday: Tuna Duck - 28.5 pounds
- Saturday: Sea Toy – 65.1 pounds
- Saturday: Chaser – 31.5 pounds
Winners in the daily billfish release points division were:
- Wednesday: Sea Toy - two blue marlin for 800 points.
- Thursday: Coverage - two blue marlin for 800 points
- Friday: Tuna Duck - one blue marlin and one white marlin for 600 points.
- Saturday: Sea Toy – one blue marlin for 400 points
Fishing days were Wednesday, May 11, through Saturday, May 14. Each boat is allowed to fish three of the four days.
they weren't fishing, anglers and boat crews were entertained with a
cook-out at Oden's Dock and an awards dinner at the Hatteras Village
For more information on the tournament, go to the website, http://hatterasonmymind.com/HVCA/HVOO/index.html or follow the event on Facebook.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW SLIDE SHOW