Wednesday, April 26 at approximately 10:45 a.m. in a classroom located
in the downstairs high school hall of the Cape Hatteras Secondary
School, a student dropped a cell phone causing the cell phone battery
to emit fumes.
a safety precaution, classrooms in the area were evacuated.
Additionally, the classrooms that may have been affected were
ventilated using exhaust fans. For the remainder of the day, classes
that were in the classrooms within the affected area were relocated.
All classes within the area are resuming as normal on Thursday, and no injuries or additional incidents were reported.