August 16, 2017
CHNS Commercial Services Orientation
and Open House on Ocracoke Island
Hatteras National Seashore (Seashore) Superintendent Dave Hallac is
excited to announce a Commercial Services Orientation and Open House on
meeting will take place on Monday, August 28 from 12:30-2:00 pm at the
Ocracoke Community Center in Ocracoke: 999 Irvin Garrish Hwy, Ocracoke.
Superintendent Hallac and Seashore staff welcome all interested parties to attend.
The meeting will begin with a presentation from 12:30 to 1:00 pm, followed by a Q & A session, discussion, and networking.
presentation will provide an overview of the Seashore’s Commercial
Services program, which permits businesses to provide the following
visitor services through Commercial Use Authorizations (CUAs):
- Beach Fire Services - new for 2017!
- Guided Fishing Services
- Guided Horseback Tours
- Guided Waterfowl Hunting - new for 2017!
- Interpretive and Educational Programs - new for 2017!
- Non-motorized Boat Tours (for example, kayak tours)
- Off-Road Vehicle Driving Tours
- Outdoor Fitness Classes (for example, yoga)
- Photography Instruction
- Road-Based Commercial Tours and Transportation - new for 2017!
- Watersport Instruction (for example, surfing lessons)
staff look forward to working more closely with many long-standing
commercial partners, as well as engaging new partners, including those
interested in learning about how the program may intersect with future
passenger ferry service to Ocracoke.
information about the Seashore’s Commercial Use Authorization program
and instructions on how to apply, visit: