January 9, 2018
Dare County Sanitation Department Conducting
Residential Large Household Pick-Up
Dare County Sanitation Department will be conducting a large item
household pickup for residential customers only. No commercial business
debris will be picked up. Please do not interfere with county employees
picking up large items. Materials must be at curbside no later than 6
a.m. on the date of collection. There will not be a second day pickup.
The schedule is:
- January 23, 2018 Tuesday - East Lake, Stumpy Point, Manns Harbor
- February 6, 2018 Tuesday - Wanchese
- February 20, 2018 Tuesday - Manteo (outside)
- March 6, 2018 Tuesday - Colington Harbor—inside the gate
- March 20, 2018 Tuesday - Colington—houses located off Colington Rd, not in the gated community of Colington Harbor
- April 9, 2018 Monday - Buxton, Frisco, Hatteras
- April 10, 2018 Tuesday - Avon
- April 11, 2018 Wednesday - Rodanthe, Waves, and Salvo
- April 16, 2018 Monday - Martin’s Point
If large item pick-up falls on your regular garbage collection day,
please do not block the garbage container. Be mindful of overhead power
lines and try to place items in such a way that County trucks will not
be in danger of coming in contact with them.
Materials must be at curbside no later than 6:00 am on the date of collection. There will not be a second day pick-up.
On this special pick-up, the County will collect the following
recyclable items: used auto tires, used motor oil (only in spill
proof containers), auto radiators, scrap metals (rims, motor parts),
appliances, furniture, and mattresses and box springs. Please
remove doors from refrigerators.
The following items WILL NOT be collected: old clothes, shoes,
cardboard, etc., tree limbs, stumps, leaves, any yard-clearing debris,
construction/demolition materials such as lumber, toilets, windows,
doors, etc., any hazardous materials (oil based paint, pesticides,
etc.) Water based paint can be picked up but must be dried out.
All normal household garbage must be disposed of in your black can.
Please do not place items for the county large item pickup at the
roadside until the day before your pickup will be held. If the county
does not take an item(s) you placed on the roadside, it has been
rejected and must be disposed of at your expense. Take pride in your
home and respect your neighbors. Do not leave trash at the roadside
expecting it to be picked up.