The Sales Associate is responsible for performing daily branch and customer service duties; providing customers with efficient and accurate transaction processing; promoting business by providing quality customer service and handling routine customer inquiries; providing customer referrals for products and services on a daily basis and have the ability and desire to interact in a team environment and be willing to contribute to the team efforts.
• Operate with accuracy and efficiency the appropriate core banking systems and a sales associate window as follows:
• Accept deposits, verify cash deposits, endorsements and comply with Regulation CC requirements and bank deposit policies.
• Accept payments for all loans/lines of credit.
• Process the redemption of U.S. Savings Bonds.
• Process night depository, ATM and mail deposits, if applicable.
• Provide additional customer services including processing/issuance of official bank checks and credit card cash advances
• Balance assigned cash daily and maintains strict adherence to security procedures and sole control of cash drawer and assigned cash limits
• Adhere to cash differences/controllable losses policy
• Identify customers, by understanding and obtaining proper documentation of identification, obtains and/or verifies endorsements/payees, cash, and checks/withdrawals/transfers and obtains supervisor approval for authorization at bank-established cash limits, including the determination of the availability of sufficient funds, exclusion of stop payments and holds
• Verify signatures and account ownership as required. Exercises discretion, judgment, and initiative regarding transaction problems and inquiries
• Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and overall security;
• Prepare mandatory currency transaction reports and monetary instrument logs in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations, including adhering to KYC, OFAC, and Information Security policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the responsibility in meeting monthly branch and/or individual scorecard goals on a consistent basis by monitoring self-performance and following action plans
• Ensure delivery of excellent customer service throughout the Bank by adhering to sales and @ your service standards .
• May be responsible for branch opening/closing procedures
• May escort customers to safe deposit boxes in accordance with the Bank’s safe deposit box policy and security procedures
• May assist in opening/closing of branch vaults under dual control
• As needed, order, receive, verify, and distribute cash in accordance with bank policy
• Promote and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external customers
• Contribute to the fulfillment of the Bank’s objectives and goals by performing as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow
• Responsible for keeping current and being knowledgeable in order to communicate the Bank’s products and services to clients.
• As business needs arise, ability to open and/or close the Branch and may require working hours outside normal scheduled hours
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• Successful completion of the Bank’s in-house Sales Associate Training Program.
• Previous customer service contact experience is highly desired.
• Ability to demonstrate a sales oriented professional demeanor
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in handling money preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel) required
• Understanding and working knowledge of appropriate core banking system is a plus
• Detailed oriented;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Professionalism and confidentiality is essential
• Ability to travel as business necessity arises to other branch locations to ensure proper staffing on a daily basis
• Flexibility on work schedule as business needs arise
• Customer Service
• Interpersonal Skills
• Dependability (Attendance & Punctuality)
• Task Management
• Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
• Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
• Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
• Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
• Ability to travel via airplane, automobile, bus and/or train
Please visit https://www.bankwithunited.com/careers to apply.