Seeking a Star Photographer for Luxury Vacation Rental Homes
Who We Are
Surf or Sound Realty, Hatteras Island’s premier vacation rental company, located on Hatteras Island. Since 1978, we have offered weekly premier Hatteras Island vacation rentals from single family beach cottages to expansive oceanfront estates with a wide range of luxury amenities. While serving thousands of happy Outer Banks vacationers every year.
Surf or Sound Realty is actively seeking a Staff Photographer to help with our growing portfolio of more than 475 vacation rental homes on Hatteras Island. We offer excellent pay and benefits including medical, dental, paid holidays, paid vacation and a 401K match retirement plan.
- Stage homes as needed before beginning photo sessions
- Photograph interiors and exteriors per brand guidelines
- Operate drone to take aerial footage
- Create, edit, and annotate floor plans
- Edit and post all photos and floor plans to website and property management software
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be creative, have a passion for photography and organized
- Proficient in editing software, including Adobe Creative Suite, e.g. Photoshop, and Lightroom, HDR processing, eg. Photomatix,
- Ability to multi-task, work in fast paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail
- Be independent and have initiative to start and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Work successfully within tight time constraints
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
Physical activities may include climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions. Employee must have the ability lift 10 to 20 pounds frequently. Must be able to climb three to four flights of stairs multiple times a day in all weather conditions.
Work is performed primarily inside but you will be subject to various types of weather.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalency
- 4-5 years of professional photography experience (real estate, lifestyle, or merchandising) preferred
- Drone license, required within one year of employment
- Must have reliable means of transportation
- Must work every Saturday during the season
Background check, drug screen and references required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time