Registration is still open for the Cape Hatteras Anglers Club’s (CHAC) Third Annual Speckled Trout Tournament, which will be held from June 14-16.
Interested anglers can register Wednesday afternoon and evening at the CHAC Clubhouse on 47231 Light Plant Road in Buxton, and can also register Thursday morning from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m., right after the first wave of fishing begins at 5:30 a.m.
The entry fee is $45, and the tournament features cash prizes in three categories: men, women, and youth.
Participants can also call the CHAC clubhouse at 252-995-4253 or stop by the Buxton clubhouse to pick up a registration form.
The tournament is wide open to the public, and the schedule of events for June 14-16 is listed below.
Wednesday, June 14
- Registration: 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the CHAC Clubhouse, 47231 Light Plant Road, Buxton.
- All Pre-registrants must check in during either Registration period.
Thursday, June 15
- 5:30 a.m. Fishing starts in Pamlico Sound.
- 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. Late Registration* at the CHAC Clubhouse.
- 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Day 1 Weigh-in
Friday, June 16
- 5:30 a.m. Fishing starts in Pamlico Sound
- 5:00 p.m. Fishing ends
- 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. Weigh-in at the CHAC Clubhouse. You must have had your fish weighed in or be in line to have your fish weighed by 7:00 p.m. to qualify.
- Dinner to follow the final weigh-in
Awards and Drawings will begin as soon as the winners are determined after the weigh-in is completed.
Anglers must be present to win door prizes and raffle items. Prizes for trout creel weights (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) in each category will be mailed if the winning angler is not present when announced.