The Cape Hatteras Anglers Club’s Annual Invitational Fishing Tournament wrapped up its 62nd year on November 8, and this year’s First Place winner was Outer Banks Sportfishers with 74 fish totaling 175 points.
The tournament is one of the largest surf fishing tournaments in the world, with approximately 720 fishermen competing for team and individual prizes. A total of 120 six-person teams competed in the tournament, and along with numerous judges, families and friends, the tournament attracted many visitors to Hatteras Island for the week.
The total results of the Cape Hatteras Anglers Club 62nd Annual Invitational Fishing Tournament are listed below:
- Outer Banks Sportfishers took First place with 74 fish totaling 175 points.
- Placing Second was Fishhoggs Eastern Shore of VA Anglers Club with 62 fish and 172 points.
- Placing Third was Outer Banks Hurricanes with 44 fish and 115 points.
- The Top Female Team was Sand Bunnies that placed 39th overall with 16 fish and 34 points.
Winning in the Largest Fish category were:
- Largest Red Drum – 29” caught by Phil Fitzpatrick of OCBBA of New Jersey team
- Largest Bluefish – 19-1/2” caught by Ken Dugan of the Cock Island Anglers team
- Largest Other Fish – 29-1/2” Albacore caught by Joe White of the Outer Banks Hurricanes team
- Largest Red Drum – 18” caught by Julia Coker of the Commercial Six team
- Largest Bluefish – 19-1/2” caught by Ashley Barnes of the North Carolina Sea Hags team
- Largest Other Fish – 15-3/4” Mullet caught by Amy Brite of the Rod Runners team.