The Dare County Library’s locations in Manteo, Kill Devil Hills and Hatteras Village have reopened their facilities for browsing and borrowing, as well as some additional limited services.
In-library services are available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Manteo and Kill Devil Hills locations. The Hatteras Village library location will offer limited indoor services Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For customers that prefer their library location’s convenient and popular curbside services, such services will continue to be available for customers who are not yet comfortable entering the library—as well as for the elderly and parents who have small children.
Curbside services will be available by appointment Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Manteo and Kill Devil Hills locations. The Hatteras Village library location will offer curbside services by appointment Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The public is welcomed back inside the Dare County library locations with several limits and reminders:
- Per the North Carolina Governor’s Executive Order, face masks that cover the nose and mouth will be required to be worn by patrons.
- Library staff members will remind patrons to continue to practice social distancing.
- All users are requested to limit their library visits to 30 minutes or less.
- Computer users will be limited to one single computer session per day.
- There will be very limited seating available.
- For library locations with meeting rooms, there will still be no meeting room use at this time.
- There will be no in-person library programs at this time, but virtual programs for adults will continue, and weekly preschool activity kits for children will continue to be available to take home. New themed kits will be available beginning every Wednesday.
The Dare County Library locations’ curbside services, which have been extremely popular during the COVID-19 pandemic, will continue to be available by appointment between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. on the days the library facility is open for indoor services.
In addition to the above, the Dare County Library continues to take steps to protect the health and safety of its staff and customers. These measures include:
- Implementing a phased approach to library reopening by increasing services in different stages.
- Requiring library staff members to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times while in the library.
- Installing Plexiglass shields at different service points throughout the library.
- Quarantining returned library materials.
- Providing hand sanitizer at different points throughout the buildings.
- Removing seats as a means of limiting the number of visitors allowed in each library location at a time.
The Dare County Library staff is delighted to welcome customers back into its facilities and is also pleased to continue to serve customers who prefer curbside services.
For more information, call your specific Dare County Library location below.
Kill Devil Hills: 252-441-4331
Hatteras Village: 252-986-2385
Please continue to check www.DareNC.com/Library for the most up-to-date information about each library location’s hours, services and programs. For more information, contact Dare County Librarian Jonathan Wark at 252-473-2372 or firstname.lastname@example.org