The Cape Hatteras Electric Cooperative (CHEC) recently announced the start of their annual photo contest, with the winning photographers earning a coveted spot on CHEC’s annual calendar, as well as credit towards their electric bill.
Celebrating its 9th year in 2022/2023, prizes will be awarded for the top three photo contest winners: 1st place wins a $100 bill credit and will be featured on the cover of CHEC’s 2022 Annual Report, 2nd place wins a $50 bill credit, and 3rd place wins a $25 bill credit.
In addition to the top three prizes, nine photo submissions will be featured in the 2024 CHEC Member Calendar.
Photos must be taken on Hatteras Island and be submitted by February 1, 2023. A panel of judges will then vote to decide the winners, which will be announced in the April 2023 edition of Carolina Country magazine. All entries will be also featured on the Cooperative’s website for the duration of the contest.
The detailed rules for the contest are listed below, and CHEC members can learn more about the annual contest online at https://www.chec.coop/photocontest.
- Only one entry per member.
- The photo must have been taken by a CHEC member.
- The photo must be taken on Hatteras Island.
- The photo should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2023.
- When submitting a photo, you must include the location, a brief description, the photographer’s name and a title for the photo.
- Employees and directors of CHEC, along with members of their immediate families, are ineligible.
- The prizes will appear as a credit on the winner’s electricity bill and may not be redeemed for cash.