Outer Banks Forever announces 2023 projects; Invites public to take communications survey
Outer Banks Forever, the official nonprofit partner of the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, recently shared their upcoming 2023 projects and events, and invited folks to provide feedback on the organization via a communications survey, in a January update.
The survey is focused on Outer Banks Forever’s communications with the public, which include monthly e-newsletters, blog posts, and social media posts, and the short survey is available online. The survey also asks for feedback on online learning opportunities, like ranger talks or sea turtle nest excavations, as well as information on the organization’s Cape Hatteras National Seashore initiatives.
In addition to the survey, the January update also included an overview of the upcoming projects, special events, and the 2023 fee-free days at the Wright Brothers National Memorial. These projects and special dates include the following:
Upcoming Park Projects:
- Artist in Community (Cape Hatteras National Seashore)
- Educational Signage Project (Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Fort Raleigh National Historic Site)
- Freedom Trail (Fort Raleigh National Historic Site)
- Pathways to Your National Parks (Cape Hatteras National Seashore)
- Views From Your Parks: Webcam Project (Wright Brothers National Memorial)
- National Park Week (All Parks): April 22 – April 30
- Juneteenth (Fort Raleigh National Historic Site): June 19
- National Aviation Day (Wright Brothers National Memorial): August 19
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse – 200th Birthday! (Cape Hatteras National Seashore): Celebration date TBD
- First Flight Anniversary Celebration (Wright Brothers National Memorial): December 17
Fee-Free Days at Wright Brothers National Memorial:
- April 22 – First Day of National Park Week
- August 4 – Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- August 19 – National Aviation Day
- September 23 – National Public Lands Day
- November 11 – Veterans Day
- December 17 – 120th Anniversary of the Wright Brothers’ First Flight
To learn more about Outer Banks Forever and all ongoing and upcoming endeavors, visit https://obxforever.org/.