Dare County announced 12 additional positive COVID-19 test results on Sunday, July 12, bringing the total number of cases in the county to 206.
The 12 additional cases consist of 5 residents and 7 non-residents, and include the following.
1) non-resident, 65 older, male, transferred isolation
2) non-resident, 65 older, female, transferred isolation
3) non-resident, 65 older, female, transferred isolation
4) non-resident, 17 under, female, isolating in Dare
5) resident, 25-49, male, home isolation
6) resident, 65 older, female, home isolation
7) non-resident, 25-49, female, isolating in Dare
8) non-resident, 25-49, male, isolating in Dare
9) resident, 17 under male, home isolation
10) resident, 25-29, male, home isolation
11) resident, 50-64, female, home isolation
12) non-resident, 18-24, female, isolating in Dare
Per the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, (which was last updated Sunday morning), at least 32 of 112 resident cases are from Hatteras Island. This includes 8 cases in Avon, 18 cases in Buxton, and 6 cases in Frisco.
New positive cases are updated on the dashboard of the Dare County website and are shared on the DHHS Facebook page when information is received. To find the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 cases in Dare County, visit www.darenc.com/covid19. State COVID-19 data is also available at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard.