Dare County announced 5 additional positive COVID-19 test results on Tuesday, July 14, bringing the total number of cases in the county to 220.
The 5 additional cases are all non-residents, and include the following:
1) non-resident, 17 under, female, isolating in Dare
2) non-resident, 17 under, male, isolating in Dare
3) non-resident, 25-49, female, isolating in Dare
4) non-resident, 25-49, male, transferred isolation
5) non-resident, 25-49, female, transferred isolation
Per the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, (which was last updated Tuesday morning), at least 34 of 121 resident cases are from Hatteras Island. This includes 8 cases in Avon, 20 cases in Buxton, and 6 cases in Frisco.
New positive cases are updated on the dashboard of the Dare County website and are shared on the DHHS Facebook page when information is received. To find the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 cases in Dare County, visit www.darenc.com/covid19. State COVID-19 data is also available at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard.