Dare County announced 5 additional positive COVID-19 test results on Tuesday, September 9, bringing the total number of cases in the county since the pandemic began to 477.
The 5 additional cases consist of 3 residents and 2 non-residents, and include the following:
1) resident, 18-24, female, isolating outside Dare County
2) resident, 25-49, male, isolating outside Dare County
3) resident, 18-24, male, isolating outside Dare County
4) non-resident, 18-24, female, transferred isolation
5) non-resident, 50-64, male, transferred isolation
Per the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, (which was last updated Tuesday morning), at least 47 of 254 resident cases are from Hatteras Island. This includes 11 cases in Avon, 28 cases in Buxton, and 8 cases in Frisco.
New positive cases are updated on the dashboard of the Dare County website and are shared on the DHHS Facebook page when information is received. To find the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 cases in Dare County, visit www.darenc.com/covid19. State COVID-19 data is also available at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard.