Dare County announced 5 additional positive COVID-19 test results on Wednesday, August 27, bringing the total number of cases in the county since the pandemic began to 441.
The 5 additional cases consist of 4 residents and 1 non-resident, and include the following:
1) resident, 18-24, female, isolating outside of Dare
2) resident, 18-24, male, home isolation
3) resident, 17 under, male, home isolation
4) non-resident, 50-64, male, transferred isolation
5) resident, 18-24, female, home isolation
Per the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, (which was last updated Monday morning), at least 47 of 236 resident cases are from Hatteras Island. This includes 11 cases in Avon, 28 cases in Buxton, and 8 cases in Frisco.
New positive cases are updated on the dashboard of the Dare County website and are shared on the DHHS Facebook page when information is received. To find the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 cases in Dare County, visit www.darenc.com/covid19. State COVID-19 data is also available at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard.