Dare County announced 5 new positive COVID-19 test results over the weekend, (including 2 on Saturday, February 27, and 3 on Sunday, February 28), bringing the total number of cases in the county since the pandemic began to 2,782.
With the weekend’s new cases, the current number of active cases in the county is now 39.
The 5 additional cases include the following:
Saturday’s New Cases:
1) non-resident, 17 under, male, transferred isolation
2) non-resident, 25-49, female, transferred isolation
Sunday’s New Cases:
1) Resident, 17 under, female, home isolation
2) Non-resident, 18-24, male, transferred isolation
3) Non-resident, 17 under, male, transferred isolation.
New positive cases are updated on the dashboard of the Dare County website and are shared on the DHHS Facebook page when information is received.