Dare County announced 7 additional positive COVID-19 test results on Saturday, July 4, bringing the total number of cases in the county to 133.
The 7 additional cases consist of 4 residents and 3 non-residents, and include the following:
1) non-resident, female, age18-24, isolating in Dare
2) resident, female, age 25-49, home isolation
3) non-resident, male, age 18-24, isolating in Dare
4) resident, female age 25-49, home isolation
5) non-resident, male, age 18-25, isolating in Dare
6) resident, female, age 18-24, home isolation
7) non-resident, male, 18-24, isolating in Dare
There have been a total of 74 resident COVID-19 cases and 56 non-resident cases since the first case was identified in Dare County in March.
Per the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, (which was last updated Saturday), at least 21 of 70 resident cases are from Hatteras Island. This includes 5 cases in Avon, 11 cases in Buxton, and 5 cases in Frisco.
New positive cases are updated on the dashboard of the Dare County website and are shared on the DHHS Facebook page when information is received. To find the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 cases in Dare County, visit www.darenc.com/covid19. State COVID-19 data is also available at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard.