The N.C. Department of Transportation’s Ferry Division has canceled several trips scheduled for the Pamlico Sound routes between Cedar Island, Swan Quarter, and Ocracoke on Thursday, July 8, in anticipation of strong winds from Tropical Storm Elsa.
The following trips are canceled for Thursday on the Ocracoke-to-mainland ferry routes:
- 12:45 p.m. Ocracoke to Swan Quarter
- 3:45 p.m. Ocracoke to Swan Quarter
- 2:00 p.m. Swan Quarter to Ocracoke
- 4:30 p.m. Swan Quarter to Ocracoke
- 1:00 p.m. Ocracoke to Cedar Island
- 5:00 p.m. Ocracoke to Cedar Island
- 1:00 p.m. Cedar Island to Ocracoke
- 4:30 p.m. Cedar Island to Ocracoke
In addition, the Ocracoke Express passenger ferry service has suspended operations for Thursday afternoon, canceling the 4:30 p.m. departure from Hatteras and the 8 p.m. departure from Ocracoke.
Please call (252) 463-7040 for further information. Visitors can book reservations for the passenger ferry, or for the Ocracoke-mainland routes online or by calling 1-800-BY-FERRY.