After rolling out with only one specific COVID-19 testing site listed in northeastern North Carolina last week and none on the Outer Banks, the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services website now has a more thorough listing of local locations.
Hospital emergency rooms and primary healthcare providers in the region have been able to provide tests for those who meet qualifying criteria.
Other parts of the state have large chain stores partnering with the federal government on setting up drive-thru testing.
The closest major retailer in North Carolina to have a mass testing site is a Walmart in Greenville, and there are some reportedly in the Hampton Roads area.
List of testing sites in the OBX Today/JAM Media Solutions coverage area (subject to change):
- Beach Medical Care, 4917 S. Croatan Hwy, Unit 1B, Nags Head
- The Outer Banks Hospital Urgent Care Center – Kitty Hawk, 5112 N. Croatan Hwy.
- The Outer Banks Hospital Urgent Care Center & Family Medicine, 4923 South Croatan Hwy., Nags Head
- Surf Pediatrics and Medicine (testing current patients only), 400 S. Croatan Hwy., Kill Devil Hills
- Currituck Co. Health Dept., 2795 Caratoke Hwy, Currituck
- Hyde County Health Department, 1151 Main St., Swan Quarter
- Ocracoke Health Center, 305 Back Rd., Ocracoke
- Engelhard Medical Center, 33270 US-264, Engelhard
- Vidant Internal Medicine – Washington, 1380 Cowell Farm Rd.
- Vidant Multi-specialty Clinic – Belhaven, 598 West Old County Rd.
- Vidant Family Medicine – Aurora, 151 3rd St.
- Agape Health Services – Washington, 120 W. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Bertie Health Dept., 102 Rhodes Avenue, Windsor
- Camden Co. Health Dept., 160 US 158, Bldg B, Camden
- Chowan Co. Health Dept., 202 W. Hicks Street, Edenton
- Hertford Co. Health Dept., 828 S Academy Street, Ahoskie
- Pasquotank Co. Health Dept., 711 Roanoke Avenue, Elizabeth City
- Perquimans Co. Health Dept., 103 ARPDC Street, Hertford
- Tyrrell Co. Health Center, 208 Bridge Street, Columbia
- Washington Co. Health Center, 198 US Hwy 45 North, Plymouth