Reservation Vacation Specialist –Hatteras Village
Surf or Sound Realty, Hatteras Island’s premier property management company, is looking for a detail-oriented reservation vacation specialist to assist our customers with their booking needs. You will provide various planning and booking services, including answering customers’ questions, making vacation rental home suggestions, using suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of additional services and amenities.
This role will offer outstanding sales and customer service and elevate our guest experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bonus eligible up to $15K, based on performance
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Assisting and advising customers who may be choosing from several vacation home rentals for their vacation needs
- Making reservations for customers based on their various requirements and budgetary allowances
- Checking the availability of vacation rental homes for the desired travel dates
- Sorting out any issues that may arise with bookings or reservations
- Answering any questions customers might have about the reservation process
- Up-selling, when appropriate by informing customers of additional services such as travel insurance, linens, etc.
- Customer service support to customers who may need to amend or cancel a reservation, and problem resolution while guests are on vacation
Key Skills and Qualifications
Reservation specialists are good communicators who use selling techniques to persuade customers to buy additional services during their stay at a property. In order to be considered for this job, reservation specialists must have the following skills:
- Salesmanship – reservation specialists use persuasion and selling techniques to convince customers to buy extra services that fit their needs and make use of amenities
- Customer service –strong customer service skills because this is a customer-oriented job
- Communication skills –excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for this job
- Computer skills – proficient in data entry- Microsoft Office
- Data entry – reservation specialists input information into online systems, so we the position requires good data entry skills
- Problem-solving/resolution skills –address customer questions and help them book reservations, which can require some problem-solving and problem-resolution skills.
- Multitasking – multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks in multiple systems
Who We Are
Surf or Sound Realty, Hatteras Island’s premier vacation rental company, is located on part of the pristine Cape Hatteras National Seashore. Since 1978, we offer premier vacation rentals on Hatteras Island ranging from single-family beach cottages to expansive oceanfront estates with a wide range of luxury amenities. Each year, we serve thousands of happy Outer Banks vacationers.
To apply, contact Wendyh@surforsound.com.