The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is launching a new license and vessel registration system July 1, which will include all hunting licenses and licenses to fish on both inland and coastal waters.
Entitled Go Outdoors North Carolina, state officials say the enhanced system will improve both the user and customer service experience.
As the state transitions over to the new system, please note that current system known as ALVIN, will be unavailable starting Tuesday, June 27 after 5:00 p.m. through 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 1.
If you need to purchase a license or register or renew your vessel registration during this time you are encouraged to do so in advance of June 27.
This transition will not impact the sale of Division of Marine Fisheries’ commercial fishing, for-hire, or Recreational Commercial Gear licenses, as they are housed under a separate computer system.
However, those who wish to purchase a Commercial Fishing Vessel Registration (CFVR) during this period should renew their Wildlife Commission boat registration prior to June 27 and bring it with them when they purchase the CFVR.
Lifetime License Holders: Information along with a tutorial on how to obtain your seasonal information will be distributed by email in early July, as such, seasonal information will not be available prior to this.
Permit Hunt Participants: The permit hunt application system will be available in early July. Program participants will be notified by email when the system is ready, and a tutorial will be provided that demonstrates how to apply for permit hunting opportunities.
Go Outdoors North Carolina Features
Customer Account Management
- Set up an account and manage all of your license, permit, vessel needs.
- View your license, permit hunt and vessel registration history.
- View and print certifications, including hunter ed and boater safety.
- Upload documents such as vessel registration documentation, forms, applications, birth certificates and so on.
Licensing and Permit Hunts
- Purchase hunting, fishing and trapping licenses.
- Apply for permitted hunting opportunities.
- Digital licensing and big game harvest report cards.
- Report big game harvests.
- Sign up for auto renew to ensure your license doesn’t expire.
Vessel Registration, Titling and Renewal
- Renew your vessel registration online.
- Sign up for auto renew to ensure your vessel’s registration doesn’t expire.
- Apply for a new or transfer vessel registration online.
- Track the progress of your registration application.
Collectable Hard Card License Options Available
- Fit for the woods and the water, a hard card provides durability for your outdoor lifestyle. Upgrade to a hard card by choosing from one of four custom designs.
NC Wildlife Merchandise Store
- Support North Carolina wildlife through your purchase of NCWRC exclusive products.
Available beginning July 1 through Apple’s App Store and Google Play, the GoOutdoorsNorthCarolina mobile app will help you have a better day on the water and in the field with capabilities to:
- Purchase licenses.
- Store digital licenses for yourself and others within the app.
- Determine sunrise/sunset times based on GPS location.
- Find places to hunt and fish nearby.
- Use geo-location features and access hunting and fishing locations.
- Access hunting and fishing regulations and lots of other great information.
- Report big game harvests, even when cell service is not available.
- Connect with us through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube.
- Share an image of your next catch or harvest with us! We might feature you on our social channels or website!