All Dare County offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, 2020, and Friday, Nov. 27, 2020, in observance of Thanksgiving.
The Dare County C&D Landfill in Manns Harbor, the Buxton Transfer Station and the Manteo Recycle Yard will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, Friday, Nov. 27 and Saturday, Nov. 28 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Dare County Public Works, which provides trash collection for the unincorporated areas of the county and the Town of Kitty Hawk, has announced a revised collection schedule.
Residential trash collection for the week of Nov. 23 through Nov. 27 will take place as follows:
- Monday, Nov. 23: Kitty Hawk, Colington, Buxton, Frisco and Hatteras
- Tuesday, Nov. 24: Manteo, Wanchese, Manns Harbor, East Lake, Stumpy Point, Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo and Avon
- Wednesday, Nov. 25: No residential trash collection.
- Thursday, Nov. 26: Closed – no trash collection.
- Friday, Nov. 27: Closed – no trash collection.
Commercial trash pickup will take place on Monday, Nov. 23 and Wednesday, Nov. 25.
As family and friends gather to celebrate Thanksgiving this year, the Dare County Department of Health & Human Services reminds everyone to continue practicing the 3Ws and to maintain proper social distancing when spending time with others.
For tips on ways you can stay safe and healthy while you celebrate the holiday season, visit https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/information/individuals-families-and-communities/guidelines-get-togethers.
Dare County offices will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 30, 2020.