With water service restored, a portion of the Frisco Campground will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, 9/14/19.
The Federal Highway Administration has initiated a paving project within the Frisco Campground, so at this time, only the “A-loop” and a portion of the “P-loop” will be opened. As the paving project is completed, additional portions of the campground will reopen.
National Park Service visitor areas and services on Ocracoke Island remain closed. The ferry between Hatteras Island and Ocracoke Island is not accessible to visitors.
Open Seashore facilities and services as of 9/13/19 include:
- Beachfront parking areas
- The Oregon Inlet Fishing Center
- Oregon Inlet boat ramps and parking
- All designated off road vehicle (ORV) routes on Bodie and Hatteras islands
- Salvo Day Use Area
- The Haulover Day Use Area
- The Kite Point sound side access
- Oregon Inlet and Cape Point Campgrounds
- Bodie Island and Cape Hatteras lighthouse climbing operations and bookstores
- Off road vehicle permit offices at the Bodie Island and Cape Hatteras lighthouses
- All of the Inside Road between Ramps 44 and 49
- Avon Pier
- Frisco Beach Access
- Billy Mitchell airstrip
Seashore areas opening on 9/14/19 at 8:00 a.m.
- Frisco Campground –Loop A, and a portion of Loop P
Closed areas on Hatteras Island include:
- A portion of Haulover Day Use area parking and the restrooms are closed due to damage to the parking area, seawall and railing, and flooding of the restroom septic system.
- The eastern loops of Frisco Campground (B, C, D, E, F, and portions of P loop)