Dare County announces Good Friday schedule changes and closures
In observance of Good Friday, all Dare County offices and facilities will be closed on Friday, April 7, 2023.
In addition, Dare County Public Works—which provides trash collection for the unincorporated areas of the county as well as the Town of Kitty Hawk—has announced its revised collection schedule for the week of Monday, April 3, through Friday, April 7.
The Dare County C&D Landfill, Buxton Transfer Station, and Manteo Recycle Yard will be closed on Friday, April 7, in observance of Good Friday. These sites will reopen on Saturday, April 8, 2023.
Residential trash collection for the week of Monday, April 3, through Friday, April 7, will take place as follows:
- Monday, April 3: Kitty Hawk, Colington, Buxton, Frisco, and Hatteras
- Tuesday, April 4: Manteo, Wanchese, Manns Harbor, East Lake, Stumpy Point, Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo, and Avon
- Wednesday, April 5: Kitty Hawk, Colington, Buxton, Frisco, and Hatteras
- Thursday, April 6: Manteo, Wanchese, Manns Harbor, East Lake, Stumpy Point, Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo, and Avon
- Friday, April 7: Closed – no trash collection.
Commercial trash collection will take place on Monday, April 3, and Thursday, April 6.
Dare County offices will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 10.
For more information about the Dare County Public Works Department and to sign up for the latest news and updates, please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: The Dare County Public Works Department only provides trash collection for the Town of Kitty Hawk and the unincorporated areas of Dare County. Unincorporated Dare County does not include areas within a town’s limits.
If you are located within one of the six incorporated towns within Dare County, please contact your local municipal officials for information regarding any trash collection schedule changes in your area.