Dare County has released a video of the 2024 State of the County event that was held on Tuesday, January 23, at Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant in Kill Devil Hills.
During the annual event, whose 2024 theme was “Teamwork,” each of the seven Dare County commissioners presented information and updates on several topics of local interest to Dare County citizens, including:
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Infrastructure Improvements
- Waterway Accessibility and Fisheries Regulations
- Dare County’s Commitment to Education
- Efforts to Combat the Opioid Crisis
- Veterans Services and The Wall That Heals
- Home Elevation Projects
- Beach and Ocean Safety Outreach
- Cluster Homes and Dare County’s Housing Task Force
The 2024 State of the County was attended by more than 200 members of the community, ranging from representatives of the local real estate, hospitality, tourism, and construction industries to local, state, and federal officials.
To view the video of the 2024 State of the County presentation on Dare County’s YouTube channel, click here.
For more information about this annual event, visit www.DareNC.gov/StateOfTheCounty.