Dare County announced 15 additional positive COVID-19 test results on Thursday, July 9, bringing the total number of cases in the county to 171.
The 15 additional cases consist of 10 residents and 5 non-residents, and include the following
2) non-resident, 18-24, female, isolating in Dare
3) resident, 25-49, female, home isolation
4) non-resident, 65 over, male, transferred isolation to home county
5) non-resident, 50-64, female, isolating in Dare
6) resident, 65 over, male, home isolation
7) resident, 25-49, female, home isolation
8) resident, 50 – 64, female, home isolation
9) resident, 25-49, male, home isolation
10) non-resident, 50-64, female, transferred isolation to home county
11) resident, 25-49, male home isolation
12) resident, 17 under, female, home isolation
13) resident, 25-49, female, home isolation
14) resident, 65 over, female, home isolation
15) resident, 18-24, male, home isolation
Per the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, (which was last updated Thursday morning), at least 26 of 85 resident cases are from Hatteras Island. This includes 8 cases in Avon, 13 cases in Buxton, and 5 cases in Frisco.
New positive cases are updated on the dashboard of the Dare County website and are shared on the DHHS Facebook page when information is received. To find the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 cases in Dare County, visit www.darenc.com/covid19. State COVID-19 data is also available at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard.