Dare County announced 10 additional positive COVID-19 test results on Friday, July 10, bringing the total number of cases in the county to 181.
The 10 additional cases consist of 6 residents and 4 non-residents, and include the following
2) resident, 50-64, female, home isolation
3) non-resident, 25-49, female, transferred isolation
4) non-resident, 65 over, male, transferred isolation
5) resident – 18-24, female, home isolation
6) resident, 25-49, male, home isolation
7) resident, 18-24, male, home isolation
8) non-resident, 18-24, male, isolating in Dare
9) resident, 25-49, female, home isolation
10) resident, 25-49, female, home isolation
Per the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, (which was last updated Friday morning), at least 28 of 88 resident cases are from Hatteras Island. This includes 8 cases in Avon, 14 cases in Buxton, and 6 cases in Frisco.
New positive cases are updated on the dashboard of the Dare County website and are shared on the DHHS Facebook page when information is received. To find the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 cases in Dare County, visit www.darenc.com/covid19. State COVID-19 data is also available at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard.