Dare County announced 9 additional positive COVID-19 test results on Thursday, July 30, as well as the county’s second coronavirus fatality, bringing the total number of cases in the county since the pandemic began to 345.
The 9 additional cases are all residents, and include the following:
1) resident, 50-64, female, home isolation
2) resident, 50-64, male, home isolation
3) resident, 18-24, female, home isolation
4) resident, 25-49, male, home isolation
5) resident, 17 under, female, home isolation
6) resident, 25-49, female, home isolation
7) resident, 50-64, male, home isolation
8) resident, 18-24, female, home isolation
9) resident, 25-49, male, home isolation
Per the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, (which was last updated Tuesday morning), at least 46 of 188 resident cases are from Hatteras Island. This includes 11 cases in Avon, 27 cases in Buxton, and 8 cases in Frisco.
New positive cases are updated on the dashboard of the Dare County website and are shared on the DHHS Facebook page when information is received. To find the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 cases in Dare County, visit www.darenc.com/covid19. State COVID-19 data is also available at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard.