The North Carolina Ferry System announced several cancellations of scheduled crossings for the Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry route on Monday, March 29.
The following Hatteras-Ocracoke departures have been canceled for Monday:
- From Hatteras: 7:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m.
- From Ocracoke: 8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
In addition, NCDOT announced last week that the Pamlico Sound routes will be running an alternate schedule between Cedar Island, Swan Quarter, and Ocracoke due to critical shoaling issues in the ferry channel just outside of Ocracoke’s Silver Lake Harbor.
The schedule for Ocracoke’s Pamlico Sound routes from March 26 – 30, weather permitting, is as follows:
- Ocracoke to Cedar Island: 7:30 a.m., 1 p.m.
- Cedar Island to Ocracoke: 10:30 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
- Ocracoke to Swan Quarter: 7 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
- Swan Quarter to Ocracoke: 10 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
For up-to-the-minute information on schedule changes on the Cedar Island and Swan Quarter routes, please follow @NCFerryPamSound on Twitter. For updates on the Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry, see https://twitter.com/NCFerryHatteras/status/1376469103930613763 or call 252-996-6000 for additional info.